Monday, November 1, 2010

Batangas Breakfast and Biking

Time:       12:56:00


What a way to start a day by having a Batangas inspired breakfast: Suman and Kapeng Barako, want some?


Suman is a rice cake made of glutinous rice, coconut milk extract, brown sugar & salt. It is wrapped in banana leaves and served with a mixture of fried coconut sap & brown sugar as toppings.


 Best paired with Kapeng Barako ( Kape – coffee; Barako – strong man) a kind of liberica coffee widely produce in Batangas and known for its strong yet rare & exquisite taste. Usually brewed and served black with muscovado or honey as sweetener.





And then we went biking. Reminiscing, it was my 7th birthday and my brother’s 3rd when we received bikes as presents. Mine was color red, his was blue. How we enjoyed playing and riding. I, roaming in the  streets of our neighborhood while my brother on rough vacant lots. We both like to race with each other and sometimes push our limits. Wanting to win, I sped up ignoring the humps ahead, it sent me flying through thin air, hit the ground chin first and got a big wound. My brother, on the other hand went biking on the flooded area and ended up falling on a hole. Good thing he got retrieved immediately but he was already all soaked up with mud and smelled stinky.

  
Recently my brother purchased mountain bikes again so we could go biking. I, leisurely (and as a form of exercise) at the oval while my brother on the rough roads of the megadike... and oh how it brought back the child in us.









No comments:

Post a Comment